Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:47:34 +0100
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@freebsd.org>, cvs-committers@freebsd.org, cvs-all@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/Mk bsd.port.mk

Thus spake Maxim Sobolev (sobomax@freebsd.org):

> What make world are you talking about?

The "make world" the error message tells me.

.if ${BSDPORTMKVERSION} > ${SYSTEMVERSION}
IGNORE=    ": Your system is too old to use this bsd.port.mk.  You
need a fresh make world or an upgrade kit.  Please go to
http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/ or a mirror site and follow the
instructions"
.endif

> $ cd pkg_install
> $ vi Makefile [comment last line .include "../Makefile.inc"]
> $ make BINDIR=/usr/sbin all install cleandir
> $ cd ../ ; rm -rf pkg_install
> As you see no make world is really necessary here.

Yeah, I know.  I already did that after writing this email :-)
(I had to installl libfetch first, though)

Btw, you have to edit /var/db/port.mkversion manually after making
install of pkg_install tools.

Alex
--
cat: /home/alex/.sig: No such file or directory