Date:      Thu, 01 Feb 2001 17:35:07 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        "'so@server.i-clue.de'" <so@server.i-clue.de>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Realtek card support

We've had horrible luck with the realtek 8139 with a few of our 10MBps
hubs.  We've had OK luck with cross over cables, but not good enough
to run with that configuration in our deployed systems.

We've also found that this is due to autonegotiation is the cause of
this and that if we explicitly choose 10BaseT it works well enough to
deploy in our systems.

Warner