Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:15:06 -0800
From:      "Paul D. Schmidt" <pds@uberhacker.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: known pthread bug?

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 12:59:37AM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * Paul D. Schmidt <pds@uberhacker.org> [010204 23:23] wrote:

> > Are there currently any known bugs with pthread_mutex_init
> > and pthread_cond_init returning 0, but pthread_cond_wait
> > returning EINVAL nonetheless?
>
> Can you provide a code sample to replicate this and specify which
> version of FreeBSD you're using?

typedef struct cond_tag {
        long cond_id;
        char *name;

        pthread_mutex_t cond_mutex;
        pthread_cond_t sys_cond;
} cond_t;

void thread_cond_create(cond_t *cond)
{
        pthread_cond_init(&cond->sys_cond, NULL);
        pthread_mutex_init(&cond->cond_mutex, NULL);
}

void thread_cond_wait(cond_t *cond)
{
        pthread_cond_wait(&cond->sys_cond, &cond->cond_mutex);
}

pthread_cond_wait() is returning immediately with EINVAL, even though
printf debugging tells me that both the pthread_(cond|mutex)_init
functions returned 0 (which man tells me is success).

This is on FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE.

-Paul

--
Paul D. Schmidt         |  <paul.schmidt@unbound-inc.com>
Coder / Sys Admin       |            <pds@uberhacker.org>

 "The grass may actually be greener on the other side of the fence,
  but it still has to be mowed."  --Anonymous