Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2001 00:43:25 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        James Halstead <James_Bond_79@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp, jmz@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4* ports

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 11:49:45PM -0500, James Halstead wrote:
> I am just curious as I have been bit by this annoyance. I see that the fu=
ll XFree86-4 port has=20
> one maintainer while the individual XFree86-4-* ports are under another, =
but is there any good
> reason that the all in one port is using 4.0.2 sources, while the individ=
ual ports are using
> 4.0.1? I am using 4.0.2, and if I want to install any x application (usin=
g XFREE86_VERSION=3D4)
> I am going to have to install the older stuff as that is what the depends=
 go on.
>=20
> Is anybody else having problems with this, or is 4.0.2 just not used?

The maintainer of the -* ports seems to be too busy to update them :-(

I think we may need a new maintainer -- someone who has the time to
massage the -* ports to use a common build directory, as discussed
here before, and can sync up with the monolithic XFree86-4 port.  If
no-one has time to do this I think the ports should be temporarily
marked FORBIDDEN because as you note they are out of date.

Kris

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1--