Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2001 00:57:50 -0800
From:      Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        David Xu <bsddiy@163.net>
Cc:        Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>, Zsolt Kuti <kuti@cetelem.hu>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hello from BSDi's BSD/OS division ;)

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 04:59:24PM +0800, David Xu wrote:
> Hello Bill,
>
> does it include JIT? without JIT, java is just a CPU pig.
>
> Regards,
> David Xu

No JIT just yet. I've got to take this one step at a time and
I've only been porting this thing since the beginning of November
of last year. ;-)

I'm still working on getting the entire thing fully compiled,
but fortunately it seems as if I'm done with all the really
hard parts now.

It's been a suprisingly difficult project overall, but I'd expect
to have to do a port of HotSpot and other JITs included with
the standard Sun JVM along the way.

;-)

bill