Date:      Thu, 1 Mar 2001 12:43:30 -0600
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
To:        FreeBSD-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: KERNCONF instead of KERNEL?

My method has not failed so far:

make buildworld >& buildworld.log &
cd /sys/i386/conf && config -r HECUBUS    #While buildworld runs
cd ../../compile/HECUBUS && make depend all install
#shutdown and boot to single user, using the old kernel that make
#install archived.
mount -a
make installworld
mergemaster
#All done!

This process always goes smoothly for me.

--
Andrew Hesford
ajh3@chmod.ath.cx