Date:      2 Mar 2001 13:45:31 -0000
From:      nickhead@folino.com
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KERNCONF instead of KERNEL?

What is the prefered way to update a remote machine now?  For years, I've run a
make buildworld, installworld, cd /sys/i386/conf config, build and install a
kernel, then reboot.  All through telnet or ssh.  I've never had problems in
the past, and all goes well.  Is there a better way to do this on a machine
that you can't get to the console?

Nick Folino

Get your firstname@lastname email for FREE at http://Nameplanet.com/?su