Date:      Sun, 4 Mar 2001 10:18:47 +0000
From:      Jordan DeLong <fracture@allusion.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD pthreads

Hey; I've got a question about the pthread implementation on freebsd.  I was
looking it over and noticed that the pthread library is green; which is
disadvantagous on SMP machines.  I found a port of the linux pthreads, but it
uses rfork() to create the new threads...

Anyway; I was curious if a clone() call is in the works for freebsd 5.0?  And
if not, is there much interest in getting one at some point, or are there other
factors that'd make implemention of one right now more difficult than it would
seem?

-Jordan