Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 17:52:33 +0000
From:      Jordan DeLong <fracture@allusion.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel area libmish stuff

Well here's the story:  a few days ago my video card broke, so I'm without
X and such, and using a spare 486 box on the freebsd console.  Out of lack of
other things to do, I did most of the porting of one of the screensavers in the
xscreensaver collection to the freebsd syscons.

The problem I'm having now is I dunno the _right_ way to get the trig functions
from the userland libm in kernel space.  _is_ there a right way?  or can it be
statically linked into the screensaver module? (ouch)

I was thinking of just getting a sintable array and making a few simple
functions, so the whole of libm doesn't need to be statically linked into the
module (from my understanding, once loaded, this module wont ever get paged out,
and thus it'd be _bad_ for it to be big).

Any thoughts?  I get my new card in two days, hehe; so this project is over in
two days regardless of if I finish it/find a good way to do this.

Thanks,
-Jordan