Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 12:16:46 -0800
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        thierry@herbelot.com
Cc:        danfe@inet.ssc.nsu.ru, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Porting NVidia linux kernel modules to FreeBSD

> 3D acceleration (or the lack thereof) is supposed to be one of the
> reasons why XFree 336 is still the standard version delivered for
> FreeBSD.

It is, at least for me.  I've been waiting for XFree86 4.0.x to come
up to the same FPS performance numbers since it came out.

> I have not searched exactly how it is possible to have glx acceleration
> with 336 and NVidia boards, but Iwould be intersted to know if some

It's trivial.  You just build the utah-glx port and make sure that you
load the glx.so module from your XF86Config file.  You don't need any
wrappers or DRI stuff or anything.

- Jordan