Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 07:32:00 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <TrimYourCc@NUXI.com>
To:        Zaitsev Serg <root@aprcity.ru>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Solution: Sendmail 8.11.3 on FreeBSD 4.2

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 06:26:29PM +0300, Zaitsev Serg wrote:
> I have upgrade the Sendmail 8.11.3 on FreeBSD 4.2.
> But on FreeBSD 4.2 I got trouble with /usr/libexec/mail.local .
> Filling up /var/spool/mqueue a lot of files.
> /var/mail/user was empty.
> Mail stopped.
>
> chmod u+s /usr/libexec/mail.local
>
> Now mail works again.

Perhaps you should read the documentation we supplied on this issue.

bash$ cat /usr/src/UPDATING
Updating Information for FreeBSD STABLE users

This file is maintained by imp@village.org.  Please send new entries
directly to him.  See end of file for further details.  A reverse
chronology since 4.0 was released is included, followed by the common
items quick how-tos, followed by entries for versions of -current
prior to 4.0 Release.

..snip..

20001020: