Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 22:38:22 +0000
From:      Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cp MAKEDEV /dev - on a system with devfs

Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org> wrote:

>I thought only sysv kept non-startup executables in /etc.

There's one real oddity in FreeBSD:

fanf@hand.dotat.at:/etc
:; ll rmt
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     wheel          13 Jan 28 13:42 rmt -> /usr/sbin/rmt*

Plus the rc scripts, dhclient-exit-hooks, pccard_ether, and netstart.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch      fanf@covalent.net      dot@dotat.at
"I never wanted to be a weather forecaster -- I wanted to be... a lumberjack!