Date:      26 Mar 2001 02:00:58 EST
From:      "Mark Sergeant" <msergeant@looksmart.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   rtl8139 driver.

I currently have a Sharp pc ax20 laptop with an inbuilt rtl8139 nic. It works
wonderfully well on my works 100 meg switched network, at home I have a 10 meg
hub (can't afford a 100 meg switch yet) and it also works great for downloading
off the net nat'ed off my adsl connection. Though copying internally to any of
my windows / freebsd or linux machines I am lucky to acheive 4k/sec and the
connections normally time out. All of the other machines on my network can do
700+ k/sec in between each other. I can only think it would be the driver that
causes these problems, either that or it is not auto detecting the type of
network that it is on in some way. Using win2k on same laptop I get normal
speeds copying internally.

I am using 4.3 RC

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I will probably end up trashing
this machine anyways as my pcmcia DVD-ROM & usb floppy drive both stopped
working after I cvsup'ed to 4.2-STABLE & haven't worked since.

Cheers,

Mark

--
The Briggs/Chase Law of Program Development:
	To determine how long it will take to write and debug a