Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:22:49 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        libh@freebsd.org, op-tech@openpackages.org
Subject:   PackageNG and OpenPackages

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

As far as I can tell there isn't any communication between these two
camps: OpenPackages on the one hand, and the nascent PackageNG
developers on the FreeBSD side.  There hasn't been much public
progress on the PackageNG side (which has been talked about on and off
for a long time, and I think actually predates OpenPackages), but
given that both groups are looking to develop a revamped packaging
system for FreeBSD (and others, on the OP side) it's sensible that
there be some dialogue here to avoid unnecessary pain down the road
when one of the projects comes to fruition and "stomps all over" the
work of the other.

Kris

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU--

with "unsubscribe freebsd-libh" in the body of the message