Date:      Fri,  6 Apr 2001 07:11:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <3d@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Different Linux bases

Hi,

I was just looking over the fence, what the NetBSD folks
are doing. (I experience some strange realplayer 8 crashes
on my home box)

An interesting bit I noted was that they based their Linux
emulation on the SuSE 6.4 distribution, while we use
RedHat.

I have no idea which one to prefer, but it raises the question
if it would make sense to organize the emulation to
host different Linux bases.

How dependent is the present one on RedHat?

Another source for variation is the XFree 3.3.x vs 4.x
issue.
A newer Linux base would need XF 4.x.

What could be nice way to tell the runtime loader
what installed Linux base to use (if there are different?)

Regards,
Marc