Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 101 20:59:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Przemyslaw Brojewski <przemek@my.tenbit.pl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Releases

> > > With self-documenting labels documentation becomes unnecessary.
> > >
> > There's not such thing as self-documenting labels.
>
> Sure there are.  You see them everyday.  On example :push: on a door.

But why running FreeBSD should be as simple task as pushing the door
open? What usefull would you be able to do with such a system
(aside from pushing the door open, of course)

> > Or else change the naming, and have the names duplicated,
> > another source of confusion.
>
> What duplication?

Think a while:

---- begin of a dark forecast -----

Subject: Why my 3d-mouse-glove doesn't work in -DEVEL ?

::: Hi, I've just bought my new superb 3d-mouse-glove, and it doesn't
::: work!!!!!! I'm running 7.1-RELEASE-GAMMA-STABLE with all the fixes,
::: and it sais no such device or sumthing... So I get the
::: -DEVEL and no change.. still not working. So I tried -CURRENT,
::: and no better.. I even rebuilt the world!!!! Is there any other
::: version of FreeBSD, maybe -LATEST, where my 3d-mouse-glove will
::: work? I tried CVSup -LATEST, but got an error... Where can I download
::: -LATEST from?

:: Hello. 3d-mose-glove is not supported yet. There is no such thing as
:: -RELEASE-GAMMA-STABLE. its either -RELEASE or -GAMMA or -STABLE,
:: or -DEVEL. -CURRENT has been dropped 3 years ago. There's no such
:: thing as -LATEST either. Read the handbook.

: What? But I have to use my 3d-mouse-glove with FreeBSD!!!, Where can
: I gate -LATEST from??????????

---- end of a dark forecast ----

And so on.... nothing is going to solve that kind of problems.
You may invent new names, and have the situation go worse.

brojek.

PS. I think EOT. Nothing good is going to come out of this thread.