Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:51:16 -0700
From:      Everett F Batey <efb@cotdazr.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The ultimate board!

Warner,

For me, better question yet:  What would it cost to combine enough
disk, user account builder,  webserver, DNS, proxyserver, add FreeBSD,
OpenBSD or Linux to a footprint like a small Cisco 1600 or slightly
racksize larger Cisco 2500/2600 with ipfilter, ipNAT, VPN and bring
it to market for ALL the DSL and CABLE and Wireless users.  Bet it
could be effectively marketed for less than half the cost of a
Cisco 1600 stripped and little more than the Cadillac of the computer
store DSL/Cable hub-routers.

Thoughts ?

--
 + http://www.vhwy.com  efb@vhwy.com WA6CRE@arrl.net http://www.cotdazr.org +