Date:      Tue, 14 May 2002 09:14:57 -0400
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   lots of cvsup traffic last month?

cvsup.nz.freebsd.org is hosted free of charge by a kind company.
International traffic costs them money.  They don't mind domestic traffic.
 Last month there was 2.8GB of international traffic.  Did anyone else see
a large jump in traffic last month?  I can't think of anything which would
cause it as the only international traffic this box should be getting is
from the master cvsup server.

We have blocked incoming international connections.  Therefore the only
two scenarios I can think of a DoS attack or lots of incoming cvsup data
from master.

Any ideas?
--
Dan Langille