Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 13:14:05 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Takuya SHIOZAKI <tshiozak@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libc/string wcscat.c wcschr.c wcscmp.c wcscpy.c wcscspn.c wcslcat.c wcslcpy.c wcslen.c wcsncat.c wcsncmp.c wcsncpy.c wcspbrk.c wcsrchr.c wcsspn.c wcsstr.c wcswidth.c wmemchr.3 wmemchr.c wmemcmp.c wmemcpy.c wmemmove.c ...

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 11:01:20PM -0700, Takuya SHIOZAKI wrote:
> tshiozak    2001/05/14 23:01:20 PDT
>
>   Added files:
>     lib/libc/string      wcscat.c wcschr.c wcscmp.c wcscpy.c
>                          wcscspn.c wcslcat.c wcslcpy.c wcslen.c
>                          wcsncat.c wcsncmp.c wcsncpy.c wcspbrk.c
>                          wcsrchr.c wcsspn.c wcsstr.c wcswidth.c
>                          wmemchr.3 wmemchr.c wmemcmp.c wmemcpy.c
>                          wmemmove.c wmemset.c
>   Log:
>   initial import of locale insensitive wcs* and wmem* functions.
>   Obtained from:	NetBSD and Citrus.

What part of this did you not understand?
(it was also sent to i18n)

    Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 16:08:40 -0700
    From: David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
    To: current@freebsd.org
    Subject: wchar.h / Citrus import

    I am going to import parts of the Citrus Project XPG4DL (an
    implementation of I18N (locale) framework).  We *need* wchar.h and we
    just cannot wait.

    If there are known concerns or issues with this, please let me know.

It is very possible these files should have been _vendor_ imported and
maybe even in src/contrib/.  Not to mention there was still a discussion
going on about Citrus issues in i18n@freebsd.org and I did not get an
email from you saying you were actively working on it and we should
consult to make sure the end result met the needs of what prompted me to
jump into this.

--
-- David    (obrien@FreeBSD.org)