Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 23:49:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.bin/telnet commands.c main.c telnet.1

:
:I seem to recall patches like this that were kicking around a long time
:ago... except that they also allowed telnetd to run on a unix domain socket
:and allowed a different program to be run on them.  eg: run something else
:other than login(1).  This was kind of bizzare but it allowed you to run
:controlled portals outside of chroot jails (as they existed years ago). I
:actually got to use them about 6 years ago on FreeBSD 2.2 and antique
:SVR4/386 systems.
:
:Cheers,
:-Peter
:--
:Peter Wemm - peter@FreeBSD.org; peter@yahoo-inc.com; peter@netplex.com.au

    Bizarre... but how about giving inetd the capability to sit on a
    unix domain socket?  Now *that* would be interesting.

						-Matt