Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 09:20:52 -0400
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   wi0: wi_cmd: device timeout (cmd=11, val=f100)

Yes, I've been able to get to get my two wireless NICs talking to each
other.  Of more importance I think is that I've been able to do an install
via wireless. David Yeske is working on getting support for wi0 into the
install disks.  He's been giving me the boot floppy images and I've been
able to use them to install onto a laptop via wi0.  Thanks David.

The other wireless NIC is in a desktop box.  But I see these messages
quite often (about 130 per day):

     xeon /kernel: wi0: wi_cmd: device timeout (cmd=11, val=f100)

$ ifconfig wi0
wi0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST>
mtu 1500
        inet6 fe80::202:2dff:fe0e:5204%wi0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0xb
        ether 00:02:2d:0e:52:04

$ uname -a
FreeBSD xeon.unixathome.org 4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #0:
Sun May 20 00:39:31 EDT 2001
dan@xeon.int.nz.freebsd.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/XEON  i386

clues please?

--