Date:      Sun, 27 May 2001 10:57:55 +0200
From:      Marc Fonvieille <fonvi@easynet.fr>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup through ssh tunnel

On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 02:53:18PM -0700, John Polstra wrote:
> Hrm.  I don't have a good explanation for you, then.  It has to be
> one of three things:
>
> 1. You are not connecting to the server you think you are connecting
>    to.

Running tcpdump on the gateway show me that cvsup client connect itself
to the good server and it runs for ports and doc so...

> 2. The server itself is not up-to-date.

I even removed all files from /usr/src/ to be sure but nothing new

> 3. There is something wrong with the configuration of the server.

i tried cvsup.de.freebsd.org, cvsup.uk.freebsd.org and
cvsup.fr.freebsd.org and all give me the same results

> #1 could happen if you are running a cvsupd on the client machine, and
> the ssh port forwarding failed.  In that case your client would be
> trying to update from itself, and I wouldn't expect it to find much
> of anything new. ;-) To rule that out entirely, tell ssh to use a
> different local port (say, 5555) and run cvsup with "-p 5555".

i tried and no changes.

Hmm, i think i'm going to give up :(
This problem seems so silly it runs for everything but src-*

Thanks for the help.

Marc