Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2001 15:02:06 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why does fsck try to fsck a CDROM?

If I boot from a CDROM (of my own creation admittedly), fsck -p
wants to fsck the CD partition, /dev/ad0c. It is mounted as root.

I look at the source and in preen.c I'm not able to see any way for
fsck to do that. Granted I've never looked at fsck source before (I
looked in /usr/src/sbin/fsck for it).

Does anyone have any clues or am I going to have to insert printf()
calls into it to see what is going on?
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

 "Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really
 knew."                                                      -Cicely Tyson