Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 13:49:12 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem with systm.h trying to call resettodr()

* Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg> [010608 13:35]:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 12:47:31PM +0100, Rasputin wrote:
> > I'm playing with resettodr(9), to set the BIOS clock from the system time..

> As others pointed out, resettodr(9) is a kernel-space function.
> Section 9 of the manual is for those - see the intro(9) manual page
> with man 9 intro (just man intro would probably show you intro(1)).

Thanks, I'd already read intro(9), but it doesn't explain how to *use*
kernel-space functions.

</me feels the waters rising>
I suppose the manpage would be huge then, though.... maybe book size?
Is this another 'get that daemon book, you tight-fisted...'
situation?

So the syntax errors in systm.h are related to what-
Missing compiler flags (-DKERNEL?), or missing headers?

<I'm definitely out of my depth again. This *always* happens when i post here :)>

I *know* you guys all know, but where did you get this knowledge from?
Is there a secret BSD monastery you all hang out at, or is there a secret
switch you give man that lets you into the *real* details ?

<glug, glug>
Thanks. I'll bring water wings next time....

--
"These are the propulsion systems used by NASA for the moonshots,"
                said Tom apologetically.