Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 02:25:12 -0400
From:      Kevin Way <kevin.way@overtone.org>
To:        drosih@rpi.edu
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: import NetBSD rc system [summary]

 drosih@rpi.edu wrote:
> At 10:01 PM -0400 6/12/01, Kevin Way wrote:
> >David Xu wrote:
> >  >	 Is there any plan to import NetBSD rc system,
> >  >	 I am willing to see it appears in FreeBSD 5.0.
> >
> >Here's the status of this project at the moment as I see.  Please
> >let me know if I've misunderstood anything, or if anybody has had
> >a change of heart.
> I see no reference to the thread "Plan to import NetBSD rc system"
> from Sheldon Hearn, where he said:

Thanks Garance, that's exactly why I posted the summary.  My current
status is:
-setup dedicated net & freebsd -CURRENT boxes
-made sure rcorder worked on fbsd
-ported rc, rc.subr, and started with the individual rc.d scripts

Seeing as there are a few of us who are working on independant
implementations of this port, perhaps we should follow Sheldon's original
advice, and after USENIX, let Sheldon decide what changes each of us made
were good/bad, and go from there?

I apologize if the formatting of this message is botched, I'm using an
awful web-mail client, as the machine i read e-mail on bit the dust this
morning.

Kevin Way