Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:02:08 -0400
From:      Kevin Way <kevin.way@overtone.org>
To:        Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@redirect.to>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: import NetBSD rc system

> in fact, the require keyword isn't sufficient in it's own. there
> should be pre_require and post_require keywords since nfsd needs to
> start mountd before to start nfsd then rpc.statd and rpc.lockd have to
> be started after nfsd.

My answer to this, in the reasoning that NetBSD compatibility is important, so
I'd rather not change anything unneccessarily, was to create a meta script...

i don't have the code in front of me, but basically it  went like this

nfs: PROVIDE: nfs REQUIRE: nfsd statd lockd
nfsd: PROVIDE nfsd REQUIRED portmap mountd
statd: PROVIDE statd REQUIRE nfsd

and so on, and so forth.  If I understood your concern correctly, then this
should take care of things nicely.

My apologies for the typos, i'm typing on a freshly broken finger and haven't gotten quite
used to it yet.

	Kevin Way