Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 18:42:12 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        jjohnson@au.yahoo-inc.com
Cc:        jmr71769@earthlink.net, hal@vailsys.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Anyone see todays Wall Street Journal article: Microsoft Using Free Software (or something to that effect)

From: "Jeremiah Johnson" <jjohnson@au.yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:03:46 +1000

> That's the BSD license for ya.
>
> There needs to be a license that says something to the effect of "Anyone
> can use/buy/sell/modify/distribute this software with or without source
> code except Microsoft."

Why?  I'd personally be happy if Microsoft software was made a lot
easier to use by incorporating BSD stuff.  Imagine, a Windows 2000
firewall that didn't suck rocks, or DHCP renegotiation that didn't
drop all my active connections by default when my modem hung up
unexpectedly...  It would be nice!

The only thing people are really slamming Microsoft here is being
hypocritical.  Actually using BSD code is an action I support for any
value of the licensee string. :)

- Jordan