Date:      Sat, 23 Jun 2001 22:55:36 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to invalidate scsi connection to driver module

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 08:09:46PM +0100, j mckitrick wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 10:38:53AM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> |
> | But the unit numbers can and do recycle.
>
> So the question is then, how can i get it to do that?

If 'camcontrol rescan' would do what you want, then look at how
it is implemented in kernel space.  I'm not too comfortable
around kernel code, but 'rescan' invokes the CAMIOCOMMAND
ioctl with an argument of XPT_SCAN_BUS, and the xpt device
ioctl's in src/sys/cam/cam_xpt.c around line 978 (on -stable)
seem to call some cam_*() internal functions that you could
probably call yourself.

Hope this help some..

G'luck,
Peter

--
I had to translate this sentence into English because I could not read the original Sanskrit.