Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2001 11:28:38 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Donn Miller <hackr_d@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printer problems

> Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 22:12:41 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Donn Miller <hackr_d@yahoo.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Actually, I don't think this is the case with your printer, but I
> thought I would give it a shot.  I think it's a thing with the HP
> printers that they seem to not work very well unless you use polling.

Ahh. This sounds interesting! I have been having the same problem with
my HP 610C. Is it possible to set up the printer to do polling in
FreeBSD? The only reference I see to polling in the man page is in
"BUGS" and it only says that:
  Polling timeouts are controlled by counting loop iterations rather than
  timers, and so are dependent on CPU speed.

I'd love to get this resolved some day.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)