Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 00:19:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      abram olson <dacia_icarus@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   UPDATE to wanna help a newbie with his modem?

Its been a few more hours and now I can get the modem
to dial my isp and establish a connection.  Can't
browse the net or anything though.  In fact I can't
even ping anything out side of my machine.

Every address I try (www.yahoo.com or 204.71.200.75)
including my dns servers yields a network unreachable
error.

In my machine I have a nic card (dc0) I cannot ping
any of the machines on my local network either.  Yes
the cables are plugged in all the way.

I'm really grasping at straws here folks.  Any help
out there?  anyone?  anyone?

wow.  a tumble weed.

Abe