Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:52:34 -0500
From:      Robin Smith <rasmith@aristotle.tamu.edu>
To:        "Ryan Masse" <mail@max-info.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Security" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: samba vulnerability

>>>>> "Ryan" == Ryan Masse <mail@max-info.net> writes:

    Ryan> There has been an advisory?

Well, I may be confused: I got a message from somewhere a week or
two ago concerning this logfile naming problem, but the only recent
advisory I can find concerning samba is:
    FreeBSD-SA-01:36.samba.asc
which concerns a race condition exploit in files in /tmp .
I do know that I received a warning from somewhere about
the %m.log exploit, but now I wonder where it was.

Robin Smith