Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:05:33 +0200
From:      Andre Grosse Bley <gandalf-hackers@nm.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   TCP Problems in 4.3 ?

Hello "Hackers",

i think the tcp code in 4.3-RELEASE (and at least stable from last week) has
a serious bug in tcp handling:

I use "LPRng 3.6.20" and openssh on the 4.3 box, lpd-server is on a 4.1 box.
Issuing 4-5 lpq's in a minute gives "Connection timed out".
First i thought it may be a problem with LPRng, but scp'ing large files
doesnt work anymore, too. Even ssh hangs sometimes.
I tried to disable the "newreno" stuff with sysctl, didnt change anything.
Why i suspect a tcp problem?

The host scp connects to shows:
"LAST_ACK" in state (netstat),
The host initiating the scp connection shows "ESTABLISHED" in state.

I hope its no problem on my side, but i checked the archive before and I did
not have this behaviour on 4.2

Any ideas?

	Andre