Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2001 23:52:05 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   conficting cvs version numbers?

I'm *sure* I'm doing something wrong here, but I can't figure it out.

I am using cvsup to keep a -current cvs tree on my system.  According to
the web access cvs tree, a file I am looking at should be version 1.16.
When I try

cvs -R co -f src/sys/dev/ppbus/immio.c

I get version 1.15.  When I look at the .c,v file in the cvs tree, it says
HEAD is 1.16, but $Id says it is 1.15.  The same string expanded in the web
cvs tree says 1.16.  It seems I am always one behind, even though HEAD in
the cvs file reflects the -current version.

What silly mistake am I making?

Jonathon
--
Microsoft complaining about the source license used by
Linux is like the event horizon calling the kettle black.