Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2001 15:03:46 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        John Gordon <john.gordon@windriver.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with Upgrade to 4.3-RELEASE (April 2001 CD)

John,

I can't help you with most of the problem. I have a Xircom and have
had no similar problems.

But maybe I can help on the issues of pcic1.

The GENERIC kernel has the pcic1 device listed as "disable". To use
the device either:
remove the 'disable' and rebuild the kernel or
add the line 'enable pcic1' to /boot/kernel.conf and add (if needed)
'userconfig_script_load="YES"' to /boot/loader.conf.

If you have a spare IRQ or two, you might assign them to the pcic
devices. Some laptops seem to have problems running in polling
mode. This can be done either be building a new kernel or in
kernel.conf, as with the disable above.

Good luck!

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)