Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:47:18 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD remote root exploit ?

I wouldn't be surprised that Kerberos IV and V telnetd's are also
vulnerable.  The krb5 port will need to be patched when we patch the
base telnetd.

Also, there are two telnetd's in the base tree.  I'm sure everyone
knows this, I put my paranoid manager's hat on.

Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC

In message <5.1.0.14.0.20010719010646.03e25eb8@192.168.0.12>, Mike