Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:04:06 +0100
From:      Paul Robinson <paul@akita.co.uk>
To:        Jeremy Buckner <jeremy@cableaz.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Web Caching Engine

On Jul 24, Jeremy Buckner <jeremy@cableaz.com> wrote:

> I guess I should have included my intentions here. I have
> about 2000 cable modem customers and the number is going up.
> I need the caching engine to save bandwidth across the fiber
> when possible.

So, are you talking about putting cacheing in on a small box on a customer's
site, or before your uplink to your provider? If it's the latter, read my
product is suitable for you. If you think Squid can handle it install it and
test it.

Personally, I would reccomend you spend time looking at all the other
manufacturers and consider getting something faster than squid but cheaper
than Cisco. Cisco is over-priced junk anyway, IMHO. (And yes, I know I'm
going to get flamed to bits for expressing that opinion. Still...)

--
Technical Director @ Akita      | A computer lets you make more mistakes
                                `-----