Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 23:12:45 -0700
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Remove doc/share/sgml/freebsd.dtd?

Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org> writes:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 04:55:14AM -0700, Dima Dorfman wrote:
> > Is there any reason not to remove doc/share/sgml/freebsd.dtd?  This is
> > our custom DTD for DocBook 3.1, which we no longer use, or install as
> > part of the docproj port.
>
> Other people using the DTD?

I'm not proposing to wipe it off the face of the earth, just `cvs rm`
it.  If somebody is using it, they're probably (hopefully) not
referencing it inside the doc/ tree (i.e., they're not using
/usr/doc/share/sgml/freebsd.dtd as the path).  Those who need it can
still get it.

> Maybe turn it in to a port?

A port for one file sounds like overkill.  Besides, where would it be
installed?  I'm not strictly opposed, but perhaps just sticking the
last version on a web page somewhere would suffice.