Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 20:06:25 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        Martin Aherron <martin@cybernetics.com>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what's wrong with this picture :-)

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 18:47:19 -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Martin Aherron wrote:
>

> > >yorp.feral.com > root camcontrol inquiry sa0
> > >pass3: <SUN DLT4000 CC2D> Removable Sequential Access SCSI-2 device
> > >pass3: Serial Number ZG61033226
> > >pass3: 3.300MB/s transfers
> > >
> > >-matt
> > >
> > I'm kind of new to the Freebsd system but why would the pass thru device 3
> > be providing information for sa0?
>
> ding
> ding
> ding
> ding
> ding
> ding!
>
> We have a winnah!

That has been the case since day 1.  The reason 'pass3' is providing the
information is because that's the peripheral driver you're talking to.
pass3 is the passthrough driver for that tape drive.

> Very strange... it also is wierd becuase it also has the wrong transfer
> information too.

See what has been negotiated:

camcontrol negotiate sa0 -v

should explain why it thinks the drive is async.  My guess is that the sync
offset may be 0.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry