Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2001 23:23:18 +0200
From:      Marc Fonvieille <fonvi@easynet.fr>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Better patches

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 01:26:17PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> I've not merged any code that treats pcmcia devices as pci devices...
> They are still, before my patches, ISA devices.

My fault... i wanted to talk about:

«MFC: Merge all the changes to the pccard system in current, short of
making the pci devices a real freebsd pci driver.»

and the use of device pcic instead of
device pcic0 at isa? irq 0 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000

> fa_select is actually does bad things if you run it with recent
> -stable kerneles due to its functionality being folded into the ed
> driver.  Did you run this test with or without fa_select?

without.

> : Jul 31 18:43:59 marduk /kernel: ed0: device timeout
> : Jul 31 18:44:59 marduk /kernel: ed0: device timeout
>
> What does vmstat -i tell you?

interrupt	total	rate
pcic0 irq 11	1919	42

and on the «plug interface» the 100M Led is still lighted on.

I hope it could help you.

This FA410TX is still annoying, it remembers me last year's headaches
trying to make run that card before i ported fa_select to freebsd :((

Marc