Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:06:21 -0700
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RELENG_4_3 calls itself -RELEASE?

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 12:31:41AM +0100, Andrew Boothman wrote:
> [-stable archive searching is currently unavailable - but I don't
> think this has come up before]

Yes, it's been at least twice.  I started the first one, before
there had been any commits to the branch.  There was another two or
three weeks ago.

The thread I started was ended with Kris pointing out that until
there was a commit to the branch, it =was= -STABLE.

> Might it be time to invent a new development branch name like FreeBSD
> 4.3-SECURITY or 4.3-PATCHED or something like that?

I've seen -SECURE suggested, but I think that would open a can of
worms similar to the periodic discussions of what -STABLE really
means.  Around the office I call this branch the "most stable", but
I think perhaps -SOLID has a nice ring to it...

> Andrew.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.com