Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:05:36 -0500
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fsck weirdness?

Christopher Farley (chris@northernbrewer.com) wrote:

> When I run fsck in single user mode, it checks the drive and reports a
> clean filesystem. (I'm running fsck -f in single user mode.)
>
> Running it in multi-user mode, however, I get the output, attached below.

I'm going to try and answer my own question, with the hopes that if I'm
wrong, someone will correct me.

Active filesystems are inherently dirty. Running fsck on an active,
mounted filesystem may produce a list of incorrect block counts,
unallocated inodes, etc. It is nothing to worry about.

--
Christopher Farley
www.northernbrewer.com