Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:18:28 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        "Eugene L. Vorokov" <vel@bugz.infotecs.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libmp

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 12:33:40PM +0000, Eugene L. Vorokov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I cvsup'ed 5.0-CURRENT yesterday, successfully compiled the kernel and
> tried to compile the rest. However, when doing make in the lib directory,
> it stops on libmp. The problem is that libmp uses include files from
> openssl/, and they are not present in my system, as I can see they
> don't come with freebsd. Of course I know how to install libssl, but
> is there any sense in using files that don't exist, so that user must
> install some third-party software to compile *distribution* component ?
> Or did my cvsup messed something up or am I missing something ?

Errrrr...  the OpenSSL sources *are* shipped with FreeBSD.
Or at least they should be, if your CVSup is doing the right thing.
Are you cvsup'ping the src-all collection, or the subcollections?
There is no longer any need to *not* cvsup src-all, no matter if
you are in an export-controlled environment or not - all the export
restrictions on code included with FreeBSD have either expired,
or (ISTR) been waived specifically for the FreeBSD distribution.

So.. cvsup again, using the src-all collection, and see if you
grab the src/crypto/openssl/ and src/secure/lib/openssl/ bits.
Also, make sure that NOSECURE is NOT turned on in your make.conf.

Hope that helps..

G'luck,
Peter

--