Date:      Wed, 08 Aug 2001 00:55:51 -0700
From:      "S. David Pullara" <sdpullara@telus.net>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   no DSN oddness

Excuse me if this is sounds very lame; I'm sorely lacking in
networking knowledge.

I've the pleasure (misfortune?) of having an ADSL connection and I've
noticed that when the ISP's DNS is down, sendmail doesn't seem to
startup.  (same goes for fetchmail, but that might be because I have
it trying to access the mailbox using a domain name)  This last time
it happened I couldn't even start up X.

Is there a simple answer to this, based on what I've given so far?

david