Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 23:24:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      BSD Al <bsdal@otterhole.yi.org>
To:        JJ Johns <johnsj@rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccard failure

JJ,

If you read the archive over the last week, you will see a problem with
a subject of:
  3Com pccard not found under 4.x-current on thinkpad

The line should have read something about 4.x-stable, not current,
but oddly no one corrected me on my mistake.

Upon further work, it would appear that the 3Com card on a laptop
with the O2micro pccard controller is the problem, which may include
things other than just my thinkpad.

Marc identified that the card stopped being supported some time
between:
 2001.07.08.23.59.59
 2001.07.10.23.59.59

Further testing by myself shows that the time when the functionality
stopped working was more specifically (these are more up to date than
the dates earlier in the archive):

 2001.07.09.18.15.59 works
 2001.07.09.18.29.59 kernel does not build
 2001.07.10.15.59.59 kernel does not build
 2001.07.10.16.29.59 fails to recognize 3com, Xircom works

Warner asked for some diagnostic information, which he has been sent,
so if this is the same problem there should be someone working on it.

al

P.S. Thanks Warner, I see from my files that I titled you as
     Warren in my last email.  This has not been a very good week for me,
     it would appear.