Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:38:56 +0900
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        yoichi@eken.phys.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Cc:        acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question about acpi sleep.

Hi,

NAKAYAMA-san:
> Hi. On my machine (Sony PCG-C1VSX/K notebook), Lid open/close (or, acpiconf -s 1)
> output following messages
>
> /boot/kernel/kernel: acpi_lid0: Lid closed
> /boot/kernel/kernel: acpi0: AcpiHwObtainSleepTypeRegisterData failed - AE_NOT_FOUND
> /boot/kernel/kernel: acpi_lid0: Lid opened
> /boot/kernel/kernel: acpi0: AcpiHwObtainSleepTypeRegisterData failed - AE_NOT_FOUND
>
> What these message mean? acpi sleep doesn't work?

I think your NotePC doesn't have _S1_ object in ACPI data block.
Plese check `acpidump | grep _S1' to see if _S1_ object is there.
Maybe yours has other _Sx_ object (such as _S3_ for Sleep State 3,
meaning suspend in APM term).
And could you send us acpidump output from PCG-C1VSX/K? like

 # acpidump -o PCG-C1VSXK.dsdt > PCG-C1VSXK.asl

yes, PCG-C1VSXK.dsdt and PCG-C1VSXK.asl are requested.

Thanks