Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:48:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@FreeBSD.org>
To:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cvs commit: src/include stdio.h src/lib/libc Makefile src/lib/libc/stdio findfp.c

peter       2001/08/13 14:48:44 PDT

  Modified files:
    include              stdio.h
    lib/libc             Makefile
    lib/libc/stdio       findfp.c
  Log:
  Rip out the old __stdin/out/err stuff. It was completely 100% useless. :-(
  It was foiled because of dynamic copy relocations that caused compile-time
  space to be reserved in .bss and at run time a blob of data was copied to
  that space and everything used the .bss version..  The problem is that
  the space is reserved at compile time, not runtime... So we *still* could
  not change the size of FILE.  Sigh.  :-(

  Replace it with something that does actually work and really does let us
  make 'FILE' extendable.  It also happens to be the same as Linux does in
  glibc, but has the slight cost of a pointer.  Note that this is the
  same cost that 'fp = fopen(), fprintf(fp, ...); fclose(fp);' has.
  Fortunately, actual references to stdin/out/err are not all that common
  since we have implicit stdin/out/err-using versions of functions
  (printf() vs. fprintf()).

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.35      +11 -1     src/include/stdio.h
  1.31      +3 -2      src/lib/libc/Makefile
  1.18      +7 -16     src/lib/libc/stdio/findfp.c