Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:14:07 -0500
From:      Charlie & <root@virtual-voodoo.com>
To:        Steven Ames <steve@virtual-voodoo.com>
Cc:        kc5vdj@yahoo.com, FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TCSH bug...

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 05:41:21PM -0500, Steven Ames wrote:
> > -current from saturday...
> >
> > And I've noticed it for a few months, just forgot about it until last
> night...
> >
> > Also, you failed to duplicate the test...  Try answering "NO" when it
> asks...
>
> OK. Yep. I see the same results. I believe that when you say 'no' tcsh tries
> get clever and remove that command from your command stack (history). The
> relevent code is in  tc.func.c starting at line 1238. I don't see anything
> obviously
> silly... I'll do a bit of debugging though.

Hrm... The code all looks good. The offending bit is in tc.func.c
between lines 1245 and 1254 (one block). While removing items from
a doubly linked list tmp->next gets set to an invalid pointer. The
code itself looks good so the list getting passed to it must be flawed.

That'll take some real effort to track down. Interesting datapoint though...
tcsh from ports doesn't have this problem. Though I don't see any code
changes between the two that could cause this, so it'd have to be in
compile time options or 'config'.

-Steve