Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:55:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan <dphoenix@bravenet.com>
To:        mark tinguely <tinguely@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: memory + apache

I will give it a try.
touch /var/account/acct
accton

how long does it take for anything to get written to that file?

As far as fork storms, I did noticed 1. I had the junior admin write
a script to restart apache if LA got to high ....doing a truss on the pid
i did noticed mad processes and his perl script hitting 10% cpu at times.
Looking at it it was just a basic infinite while loop checking `uptime`.
I have taken that script off but I don;t think that is what is causing
this swap issue. Checking the hardware as well I have confirmed that
the manufacter for these machines only included a heat sink and this tiny
fan not big enough for these boxes....so cooling of the chip may be an
issue as well.....gonna have to check over a bunch of things next couple
days.