Date:      Tue, 04 Sep 2001 00:04:26 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hang fixes test patches

I have test fixes for most of the boot hangs at
	http://peiople.freebsd.org/~imp/no-boot-hang.diff.2
If you had hangs before, and you aren't running a Cirrus Logic
CL-PD6729/30, then please try these and let me know if the hangs go
away.

These patches also include some improved support for CL-PD6729/30
chips, but they might not be there yet.  At least you'll see two
slots.

If you had boot hangs with the new code and PCI interrupts that were
fixed by going to ISA interrupts, please give the above fix a try[*].
It should solve your problems.  The IRQ 0 problem, the hang after card
insert, etc, should all be fixed.

Even if you haven't had problems, please give these a test.

I want to MFC these patches on Tuesday, Sept 4 at about 2100 UTC, so
please test them and get me your feedback quickly.  Thank you much.

Warner

[*] Well, some machines can't route interrupts at all accross a
bridge, and those might still be broken.