Date:      Tue, 04 Sep 2001 23:45:53 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Hiroharu Tamaru <tamaru@myn.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Cc:        FreeBSD-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Toshiba Libretto M3 with Planex FNW-3600-T

In message <sa6heui5m2q.wl@ring.myn.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp> Hiroharu
Tamaru writes:
: Thanks for the prompt reply.

You are welcome.

: At Tue, 04 Sep 2001 17:57:42 -0600,
: Warner Losh wrote:
: > OK.  I am concerned about this.  Is this FNW-3600-T a 3.3V card?
: > Maybe I messed up on my ToPIC commits.  I'll go double check.
:
: No, it's a 5V card.  There're some spec (in Japanese) here:
: http://www.planex.co.jp/product/adpter/fnw3600.htm
: It says this is PCMCIA2.1/JEIDA4.2, 10Base-T/100Base-TX, full/half
: duplex card, with D-Link DL10020 chip, powered by 5V supply, 250mA.

So it is like the Netgear FA-410 and its like?  I'll see if I can test
it on my boss' laptop tomorrow.  He may not bring it to work tomorrow.

: > Hopefully, my "parts" ToPIC-97 laptop arrives today...
:
: Oh, that's a nice news for me ;-)

Yes.  However, today the laptop didn't arrive.  It is being sent UPS
ground, which takes 4 to 7 days.  Today was day 4...

: I may be able to try some different ethernet cards, I'll see.
: But anyway, if you have some suggested patches, I'm ready to try that too..

None at this time.

Maybe if you send me pciconf -r pciX:Y:Z 0:0xff for the pci device
that's your topic before you insert the card, I might see something
that would allow me to suggest a patch.

Warner